|During the past 12 years we have scheduled over
7,000 interviews. The feedback we have received has enabled us to
compile the following list of Ways Applicants “Fail” On an
- Poor personal appearance.
- Lack of interest and enthusiasm.
- Over emphasis on money.
- Condemnation of past employers.
- Failure to look at the interviewer when conversing.
- Limp handshake.
- Late for the interview.
- Failure to express appreciation for the interviewers' time.
- Asks no questions about the position.
- Vague responses to questions.
- Over aggressive, conceited, with superiority or a "know it
- Inability to express self clearly.
- Lack of planning for career.
- Lack of confidence and poise.
- Makes excuses, evasive, hedges on unfavorable factors in
- Lack of tact.
- Lack of courtesy, ill-mannered
- No interest in company or industry.
- Cynical attitude.
- Inability to take criticism.
- High pressure type.
- Passive and indifferent.
Back to Interview Tips